Sunday, July 4, 2010

some thoughts

The integrated curriculum model seems to be a model that can be used within an inclusive classroom. I still need to get my head around just how the model works and how to apply it within a classroom. From what I have read so far it is a model where lessons are taught based on a concept rather than a topic. This however I knew before beginning this research and is what set me off in this direction in the first place, what got me interested in VanTassel-Baska. I still have yet to uncover just how this might be played out within a lesson. Vantassel-Baska advocates differential curriculum which it would seem can be done more easily if every child is learning the same concept but at a different level of advancement. My goal by the end of today is to be able to picture in my mind exactly what this kind of classroom would look like.

No comments:

Post a Comment