Wednesday, July 28, 2010

some thoughts

I have almost completed my research on G&T and on co-operative learning. My g&T research as I have already written about focused on how can teachers effectively teach students who are advanced in one or more areas of the curriculum we teach while at the same time teaching those who are adequately served by the content and teach those who are having difficulty grasping concepts. It seems that within an inclusive classroom the best and most logical option is to have a curriculum model that is easily differentiated; this is what has attracted me to the Integrated curriculum model.
In researching co-operative learning I have found that within this model differentiation is possible and that in fact using the co-operative learning model may in fact also be a useful teaching method for G&T students.
It is important to note that flexibility really is the key to teaching in inclusive classrooms and that obstructions, which at this stage I can only guess at, could be school and government policies and guidelines. But most likely school management and ethos. So flexibility not just within curriculum delivery will most likely be needed but also flexibility in colleague and management relations will be needed too.

No comments:

Post a Comment